Friday, January 8, 2010

"Movin' on up"... in height and shoe size!

Well, before I begin I have to say a big "ROLL TIDE!!" Gabe has been saying it non-stop so we let him stay up last night, a little past his bedtime for the kick-off of the big game, but he was pooped and went to bed shortly after. This morning, however, when I went in his room to get him out of his crib he said "Tide...?" ; almost like a question! I told him that yes, we had won and he seemed to understand! lol (yeah, right!)

So, the other day I'm getting my big man ready for the gym and I have him dressed and I put on his shoes and realize that my child has grown inches over night! haha! The pants that he just wore LAST week were "floods"... I couldn't let my child walk around like that so we changed, but seriously over night!! Then yesterday he didn't want to put on his shoes and really pitched a good fit about it... and I remembered that he had little scabs on his toes and I thought, "Well, maybe its his shoes..." I had felt for his toes and they weren't stuffed in there by any means, but they were a little snug. A few months ago I bought him a pair of Nike's at a consignment sale (that were still in the box!) and they were a size 6 and were HUGE (literally fell off his feet when he tried to walk!), but I knew he'd need them someday and it was too good a deal to pass up... well he wears them now! He looks so darn cute in little tennis shoes! He really seems to like them too! I'll have to take a picture and post it; he's just adorable... and getting too big for me!
By the way, he is wonderful at the gym and in church nursery... he doesn't care at all that I leave him. It's wonderful, don't get me wrong, but really brought tears to my eyes the first time he just walked away from me and went to play... in a good way of course! He just really isn't my little baby anymore... and where did the time go?! I can't believe that this time last year he wasn't even CRAWLING and now he is leaving me to play with older kids and not thinking twice... Oh I'm going to be a basket case when I drop him off for his first day of Kindergarten ... and even worse when he's in Junior High and Lord help me on the day of his high school graduation... oh boy, its gonna be such a bittersweet ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment