Tuesday, September 27, 2011

So far, so good

I have gone 2 DAYS without screaming at my children! (Does Mac count... ? If so, then that isn't true!) I am honestly surprised! It has been difficult and again to be honest, I have wanted to "beat" (have to put that in " " because you know I don't beat my children, but some people may take this literally if reading) them since I have no outlet of screaming! I have to leave the room and BREATH and come back. I don't think Gabe likes this way- he gets talked to and then spanked! I really can see his little wheels turning thinking he got away with something and then I lay him over my knee, kicking and screaming, and give him the much deserved spanking! I do feel better while he is getting his spanking because I am calm AND I feel like he knows the reason he is getting this spanking- since we talk about it and I make him look me in the eye and tell me what he did wrong.

Bible study has been great! McKenzie Grace is not really behaving... she cries most of the time... I don't remember if Gabe put up a fight this long with the separation anxiety, but I think she is more of a Momma's girl than he was a Momma's boy.
I have a smaller table that we are sitting at this time and Jessica and Heather are the only ones from my previous studies that I know. I like that we have a smaller group because we all get our chance to speak, but I miss all the laughs we all had in our big group! We have decided to try and go out to eat at Chikfila or someone's house afterwards on days that we can. Today we went to Chik-fil-a and McKenzie Grace ate just as much, if not more, than Gabe! It didn't surprise me really because she has been doing it, but I think it shocked others! She had 2 chicken nuggets and fries and her juice AFTER she had 2 jars of baby food at bible study nursery!! She is my little eater! (and not a picky eater either!) If I am eating it then she wants it!

Well, I hope everyone is having a nice week- here's to the rest of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment